Share your expertise in Austin in May
Do you have a unique perspective on active transportation or trails in Texas? Are there lessons learned from a project that you can share? Are you committed to making Texas a great place for all kinds of transportation and recreation?
If so, we need you at TTAT 2018 (Texas Trails and Active Transportation Conference)! Share your story, knowledge, expertise, and accomplishments with your peers at TTAT 2018, May 2-4 in Austin. You’ll be joining a distinguished group of experts that includes Harris County Commissioner Rodney Ellis, Rails-to-Trails Conservancy President Keith Laughlin, Austin American-Statesman writer and BikeTexas Board Member Alberta Phillips, Toole Design Group Founder and President Jennifer Toole, Trails Unlimited’s Cam Lockwood, and other outstanding professionals.
The 2018 TTAT call for presentations is open now.
We invite you to share your hard-won knowledge with other professionals in your presentation, roundtable, panel, or other type of session. Please also forward this email to any others you think might be interested!
Here are some topic ideas to get you started:
- Multi-use Trails: Equity and Economics
- Vision Zero: Top Safety Priorities for Street Improvements
- Safe Routes to School: Positive Impacts on School Budgets and Learning Outcomes
- Economic Impact of Bicycling in Texas, Urban and Rural
- Best Practices for Measuring Bicycling Mode Share
- Texas Bicycle Tourism Routes and the US Bike Route System
- Autonomous Vehicles and the Impact on Bicyclists and Pedestrians
- Economic, Health and Lifestyle Benefits of Urban Natural Surface Trails
- Natural Surface Trails, Minimizing Maintenance by Design
- Paddling Trails: Overlooked Opportunities
- Natural Surface Trails: ADA Considerations
- Equestrian Trails: Specific Needs